Empowering Small-Scale Farmers: The Avocado Society of Kenya’s Innovative Approaches
January 13, 2023 at 9:27 pm | Updated January 20, 2023 at 9:23 pm | 3 min read
The Avocado Society of Kenya is the leading association for avocado growers, exporters, and other key players in the industry. They strive to promote efficiency and organized marketing to ensure long-term profitability for avocado agribusiness in Kenya. Their vision is to take a leading role in creating a sustainable and profitable avocado industry. The society works in partnership with public and private stakeholders to provide innovative services that empower small-scale farmers and increase productivity in response to market demands.
The Society assists growers in achieving their highest crop production potential in terms of quality and quantity. They also provide training on good agricultural practices and guide members on establishing orchards, linking them with ethical buyers, and assisting with compliance with local and global standards. There is participation in local and international avocado-themed events that provides excellent networking opportunities.
The Avocado Society of Kenya is utilizing NIR spectroscopy to test their avocados’ quality. This technology allows for non-destructive analysis of the fruit’s composition, including the measurement of dry matter, oil content, and ripeness. By implementing this method, the Avocado Society can ensure that only the highest quality avocados are exported to buyers. This benefits not only the growers and exporters but also the consumers who get to enjoy the best quality avocados. If you want to learn more about this technology and its applications in agriculture, check out some of these articles below!
– The Importance of Food Quality Testing
– How NIR Spectroscopy and Gas Analysis Can Improve Food Security
– Guide to Fresh Fruit Quality Control
The Avocado Society of Kenya provides a quality check service for its members by utilizing NIR spectroscopy. By using spectroscopy, the Society can provide growers and exporters with a reliable and efficient way to check the quality of their avocados, which helps to maintain a consistent level of quality and increases the competitiveness of the Kenyan avocado industry.
To learn more, visit their website!
Related ProductsF-901 AccuRipe & AccuStore F-751 Melon Quality Meter F-751 Kiwifruit Quality Meter F-750 Produce Quality Meter F-751 Avocado Quality Meter F-751 Mango Quality Meter F-900 Portable Ethylene Analyzer F-950 Three Gas Analyzer F-920 Check It! Gas Analyzer F-960 Ripen It! Gas Analyzer F-940 Store It! Gas Analyzer
- Check out our NEW Quick-Start Guide for model building with the F-750 Produce Quality Meter!
- Felix Instruments Demos the All New Avocado Quality Meter with Distributor Biotempak at the Congreso del Aguacate, Jalisco 2018
- Felix Instruments at “1er Congreso del aguacate
- 12 Seconds to Measure Fruit Maturity – Felix Instruments’ Avocado Quality Meter Featured in Fructidor!
Most Popular Articles
- The Importance of Food Quality Testing
- Spectrophotometry in 2023
- NIR Applications in Agriculture – Everything…
- The 5 Most Important Parameters in Produce Quality Control
- Active Packaging: What it is and why it’s important
- Liquid Spectrophotometry & Food Industry Applications
- Ethylene (C2H4) – Ripening, Crops & Agriculture
- Guide to Fresh Fruit Quality Control
- Melon Fruit: Quality, Production & Physiology
- Understanding Chemometrics for NIR Spectroscopy
Felix Instruments Demos the All New Avocado Quality Meter with Distributor Biotempak at the Congreso del Aguacate, Jalisco 2018
12 Seconds to Measure Fruit Maturity – Felix Instruments’ Avocado Quality Meter Featured in Fructidor!
Request a quote for a Felix Product
Pricing and all related materials will be sent directly to your inbox.