12 Seconds to Measure Fruit Maturity – Felix Instruments’ Avocado Quality Meter Featured in Fructidor!
November 20, 2018 at 2:42 am | Updated May 2, 2022 at 6:51 am | < 1 min read
We’ve been featured in Fructidor!
See the article here – Only 12 seconds to Measure Fruit Maturity and Quality
From the article…
The traditional way to measure avocado dry matter requires up to 48 hours and now with Felix Instruments growers can measure it only in 12 seconds. Instant access to dry matter measurements is improving handling throughout the distribution chain. Leonard Felix, the owner and president of Felix Instruments – Applied Food Science, shared with us why dry matter is important and how to know when it is the right time to pick your fruits.
Dry matter is everything in the fruit minus the water. This includes sugars, cell wall, proteins and starch. As the fruit grows and matures it accumulates dry matter in a consistent way. “If you harvest immature fruit when the dry matter is to low it will never ripen, if dry matter is barely low even if fruit ripens it won’t taste good. If dry matter is high, after you ripen fruit, it will be nice, oily and delicious”, – explains Leonard Felix and shows recently introduced Avocado Quality Meter.
Related ProductsF-901 AccuRipe & AccuStore F-751 Melon Quality Meter F-751 Kiwifruit Quality Meter F-750 Produce Quality Meter F-751 Avocado Quality Meter F-751 Mango Quality Meter F-900 Portable Ethylene Analyzer F-950 Three Gas Analyzer F-920 Check It! Gas Analyzer F-960 Ripen It! Gas Analyzer F-940 Store It! Gas Analyzer
- Felix Instruments Demos the All New Avocado Quality Meter with Distributor Biotempak at the Congreso del Aguacate, Jalisco 2018
- Felix Instruments at “1er Congreso del aguacate
- Felix Instruments and the Avocado Quality Meter Showcased @ Sinergia, Peru
- Felix Instruments Showcases the Avocado Quality Meter at Fruit Logistica 2019 in Berlin, Germany
Most Popular Articles
- The Importance of Food Quality Testing
- NIR Applications in Agriculture – Everything…
- Ethylene (C2H4) – Ripening, Crops & Agriculture
- Liquid Spectrophotometry & Food Industry Applications
- Active Packaging: What it is and why it’s important
- The 5 Most Important Parameters in Produce Quality Control
- Guide to Fresh Fruit Quality Control
- Headspace Analysis & Modified Atmosphere…
- Understanding Chemometrics for NIR Spectroscopy
- Melon Fruit: Quality, Production & Physiology
Felix Instruments Demos the All New Avocado Quality Meter with Distributor Biotempak at the Congreso del Aguacate, Jalisco 2018
Request a quote for a Felix Product
Pricing and all related materials will be sent directly to your inbox.