Gas analysis to extend shelf life in sweet potato
Helping farmers avoid postharvest losses.
April 19, 2022 at 5:32 am | Updated May 2, 2022 at 6:50 am | < 1 min read
“Good data is good for planning. It’s good for the farmer, it’s good for policy, it’s good for everybody.”
Partnering with the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research – Savanna Agricultural Research Institute, Issah Sugri and his team are using the F-900 Portable Ethylene Analyzer to glean crucial insights into important commodities in Ghana. Armed with this data, the team is able to advise farmers and policy makers on low-cost methods to decrease postharvest losses and increase economic prosperity in the region.
Video: Audio interview
Related ProductsF-901 AccuRipe & AccuStore F-751 Melon Quality Meter F-751 Kiwifruit Quality Meter F-750 Produce Quality Meter F-751 Avocado Quality Meter F-751 Mango Quality Meter F-900 Portable Ethylene Analyzer F-950 Three Gas Analyzer F-920 Check It! Gas Analyzer F-960 Ripen It! Gas Analyzer F-940 Store It! Gas Analyzer
Most Popular Articles
- The Importance of Food Quality Testing
- NIR Applications in Agriculture – Everything…
- Liquid Spectrophotometry & Food Industry Applications
- Active Packaging: What it is and why it’s important
- Ethylene (C2H4) – Ripening, Crops & Agriculture
- The 5 Most Important Parameters in Produce Quality Control
- Spectrophotometry in 2023
- Guide to Fresh Fruit Quality Control
- Melon Fruit: Quality, Production & Physiology
- Understanding Chemometrics for NIR Spectroscopy
Request a quote for a Felix Product
Pricing and all related materials will be sent directly to your inbox.