Avocado, Kiwi and Mango Quality Meters Raise Expectations for their Simplicity of Handling and Savings
October 21, 2020 at 9:13 pm | Updated May 2, 2022 at 6:51 am | < 1 min read
Felix Instruments Application Scientist, Eric Munoz-Garcia, visited Valencia, Spain last week to put on a couple different workshops for our Avocado Quality Meter! Poscosecha was there and had this to say about the events:
Bayex Overseas, is a company that exports avocados and represents, in Valencia, the Brokaw nurseries, specialized in tropical species, of Malaga. Taking advantage of areas with appropriate microcilima, a series of producers in the area of Les Valls, near Sagunto, Algimia de Alfara, Pedralbes in Llíria, … have established avocado plantations that add up to 500 hectares of the Hass Lamb variety (later than the Hass; while it is harvested from December to March, the collection of Lamb Hass runs from April to July). Between Valencia and Alicante the total area is about 700 hectares, 80% of which are of the late variety.
Grouped by Vicente Bayona, manager of Bayex Overseas, this group of producers held a joint purchase of 8 Avocado Quality Meters of Felix Instruments, allowing a meeting which convened on Monday, December, 10, at the premises of the City of Canet de Berenguer in which the characteristics of the equipment were explained.
To continue reading, click on the link below for the full article from Poscosecha:
Related ProductsF-901 AccuRipe & AccuStore F-751 Melon Quality Meter F-751 Kiwifruit Quality Meter F-750 Produce Quality Meter F-751 Avocado Quality Meter F-751 Mango Quality Meter F-900 Portable Ethylene Analyzer F-950 Three Gas Analyzer F-920 Check It! Gas Analyzer F-960 Ripen It! Gas Analyzer F-940 Store It! Gas Analyzer
- Felix Instruments Demos the All New Avocado Quality Meter with Distributor Biotempak at the Congreso del Aguacate, Jalisco 2018
- Felix Instruments at “1er Congreso del aguacate
- 12 Seconds to Measure Fruit Maturity – Felix Instruments’ Avocado Quality Meter Featured in Fructidor!
- Felix Instruments and the Avocado Quality Meter Showcased @ Sinergia, Peru
Most Popular Articles
- The Importance of Food Quality Testing
- Ethylene (C2H4) – Ripening, Crops & Agriculture
- NIR Applications in Agriculture – Everything…
- Liquid Spectrophotometry & Food Industry Applications
- Spectrophotometry in 2021
- Brix as a Metric of Fruit Maturity
- Active Packaging: What it is and why it’s important
- Guide to Fresh Fruit Quality Control
- The 5 Most Important Parameters in Produce Quality Control
- Headspace Analysis & Modified Atmosphere…
Felix Instruments Demos the All New Avocado Quality Meter with Distributor Biotempak at the Congreso del Aguacate, Jalisco 2018
12 Seconds to Measure Fruit Maturity – Felix Instruments’ Avocado Quality Meter Featured in Fructidor!
Request a quote for a Felix product
Pricing and all related materials will be sent directly to your inbox.